Do you have questions about our RISE - Reaching Independence Through Social Engagement program? Please contact me!
RISE - Reaching Independence Through Social Engagement
My Daily Community Activities...
Move your life experiences in a new direction – and experience your community like never before! Gain confidence and independence, meet new friends and gain experience through seeing new sights and participating in new activities! RISE monthly calendars are designed by participants and qualified staff, and focus on social, educational, and physical activities. Individuals also volunteer at various places in the community, visit local tourist sites and attend exciting community events throughout St. Charles and St. Louis.
- Program hours: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Transportation may be available, depending on your area of residence.
Take a look at some photos of our newly renovated RISE suite. Just click any image to see a larger view.
Is the Willows Way Rise Program right for you?
- Do you reside in the Greater St. Charles or St. Louis regions of Missouri?
- Are you eligible for services from the Department of Mental Health?
All class topics, activities and outings are modified to meet individual's needs. Some examples are:
- Aerobics, yoga, Zumba and other physical activities
- Men's and women's clubs
- Daily living skills to increase independence
- Plays and productions
- Painting and drawing, craft projects
- Trivia games
- Book club
- Social skill building
- Cooking and potlucks
- Sign language, spelling, math and geography discussions
- Paddle boating
We also visit local swimming pools, popular tourist sites in St. Louis and St. Charles, summer movies, fishing, bowling and much more!