Do you have questions about Individualized Skills Development/Community Integration? Please contact me!
Community Integration/ Individualized Skill Development
Get active with Community Integration Services
- Charles Photography Meet Up Group, Craft Club, Wednesday Walker Meet Up Group, swimming and client-sponsored dinners
- Volunteering with many local charities (Habitat for Humanity, food pantries, etc.)
- Enhancing or developing community safety skills
- Connection to community resources
What are some of the ways Willows Way Individualized Skills Development Services can support independence?
- Menu planning ideas for healthier living and comparison shopping techniques
- Developing and improving home skills such as doing laundry, cleaning dishes and maintaining a hygienic place of residence
- Budgeting, and managing bill payment strategies
- Help with doctor’s visits, keeping track of prescription medications
- Help with advocacy and problem solving
Individualized Skills Development (formerly Home Skills Development) offers services primarily designed for clients not yet living independently and is funded by the Department of Mental Health. Many clients receiving Individualized Skills Development services also receive Community Integration services. Together, these wraparound services support the individual to build independent living skills while developing friendships and community connections. These services support success for individual’s planning a future move to independent living services.